Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ella's Birthday

So this is our third day home and my beautiful baby is sleeping so I can post pictures etc. We went into the hospital Thursday morning to see if the baby was still breech (and she was). So our first option was for my doctor and a nurse to try to turn her. I had plenty of time to get online and get Brian on skype before the doctor came in so he got to be there for it all. I didn't really know how trying to turn the baby would go, but I assumed it would hurt a little. Well, it hurt a lot. Basically, they lube your belly up, the doctor stands on one side of you, and the nurse on the other and they each push on your abdomen hard enough to get under the baby and push her around from the outside. Once the baby starts to move, they can't let up the pressure because she might move back. The doctor got Ella turned about halfway and I was starting to think that I didn't really care about having to have a C section anymore, but I was going to tough it out. Then, Ella's heart rate dropped significantly. I was laying down and couldn't see the monitor, but I could hear her heartbeat and it was really slow. They immediately stopped turning her and started prepping me to rush for a C Section. It felt like an eternity, but it was only a couple of minutes. Then, her heart rate came back up and everything was fine, so the doctor told me we could wait a couple of hours before the C Section. So Brian and I chatted online until the time came. Here's a picture of us getting ready to go back to the OR. . much to my surprise, they let us take the laptop in and Brian got to "be there for it all"



The nurses were so awesome, they took special care to make sure to move the laptop where ever it needed to be so Brian didn't miss anything. As soon as I saw my baby, I no longer cared that I didn't get to do the labor thing and ended up having to do a C Section. I was just glad she was finally here and that Brian got to witness it all. He actually saw her before I did!! My mom went with the baby and the nurses to clean her up, etc and she took the laptop, so he saw that too! Here are some 'birthday pictures"







We are now home and things are great! I'm recovering quickly and am feeling very little pain. Ella is adjusting great, eat well, and sleeping wonderfully! My mom and my sister have been AMAZING help through all of this and my friends have been wonderful to pick up medications and bring food. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful support system through all of this. Here is one last picture of my sweet sweet love. . she's amazing!!!!

3 comments:

  1. She is just beautiful! I'm so glad you are recovering well. I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so sweet! I'm glad you're having a relatively easy time with the c-section. I did too--I can't imagine when people have a rough healing. So neat that Brian got to see everything too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mere - you are so amazing and strong. I know this wasn't how you and Brian planned (him being deployed) - but you have done an awesome job of keeping things in perspective and remaining so upbeat and positive. I really have sat back and thought to myself, I'd be a blubbering fool - whining and depressed... but I've never heard one word from you that wasn't positive. I can't wait for Brian to come home - I know that you feel that way about a jillion times more. Brian and Ella are so lucky to have you. We miss you at work and absolutely cannot wait to get to hold her...

    Love You!

    Julie (and Zak of course)

    ReplyDelete